From Artes liberales to Artes digitales: Ukrainistyka & Slawistyka / międzynarodowe seminarium interdyscyplinarne
The seminar ‘From Artes Liberales to Artes Digitales’ aims to bring together researchers who are already advanced in practicing DH and those who are just planning to use them in their future projects. The event will serve as a platform for presenting plans, current and final results of research endeavors, networking and exploring prospects for further collaborations.
Proposals for presentations might comply with (yet are not limited to) the following thematic streams:
- the content and essence of the academic discipline(s) covered by the umbrella term of ‘Digital Humanities’
- technology & humanities: mutual influences, social and cultural effect
- distant reading, research of large text corpora
- DH in educational spaces
- digital and electronic publications of literary works and historical documents, text (en)coding
- potential of DH in linguistics and creation of dictionaries and glossaries
- visualization, mapping, 3D modeling
- models of engagement the ‘creative audience’of DH-projects, the potential of crowdsourcing collaborations.
Presentations of digital projects highlighting a particular area of humanitarian knowledge are most welcome.
We invite you to submit your proposals for 20-minute presentations to email@example.com by 15 September 2019.
Please include with your abstract your full name, academic/professional affiliation, and key words. Abstracts should not exceed 300 words.The notifications of acceptance will be sent by 20 September 2019.
Working languages: English, Ukrainian.
If you plan to deliver your presentation or introduce a research project in Ukrainian, please be ready to provide anaccompanying visual presentation and/or handouts in English.
Humanities Faculty, Ukrainian Catholic University
Division of Literatures, Cultures, and Languages, Stanford University
Taras Shevchenko Institute of Literature, National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine
Keynote Speaker: Yuliya Ilchuk (Stanford University)